Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Goodwill Hunting Roundup

It's that time of month where I show off my most recent thrifted finds.

So, without further ado...

While looking through the children's clothes, I saw someone pick up this heart embellished long sleeve tee.  I held my breath, hoping they would decide against it.  And, when they did, indeed decide against it, I swooped in.  This Mini Boden tee shirt was only $2.99.


Though a bit big, this sweet Gap Kids dress was only $2.99.  My motto, when you find a good deal buy it.  I will buy up to 2-3 sizes bigger than Grace's current size, if I think it's a style that isn't too trendy risking going out of style before she is able to fit into it.


Next up, a raincoat, lined with fleece.  Cute strawberry embellishments can be found on the lining of the coat, the lapel and are the pockets.  For $3.99, we can splish and splash in puddles on they way to and from school all through fall and spring.


Have you heard of Buddha Boards?  They are really cool.  You just draw on the surface with water. The water evaporates, within a few minutes (about 5-10 depending on how much water you use), leaving you with a clean slate, ready to create all over again.  The concept is to encourage you to create without worrying about it being perfect since it isn't permanent.

I found a large Buddha Board Laptop for $2.99 with the original bamboo brush included.  These surprisingly retail for between $30-$40.  I'm not sure who is enjoying this more, me or Grace.


Recently, my Goodwill has added a 4 items for $1 section.  This section is typically stocked with the dollar items you find at Target.  These are fun and frugal finds for stocking stuffers or to add to a basket for a teacher's gift.


And, speaking of baskets..,

I love looking through the baskets at Goodwill.  They typically range from .99 cents to $3.99.  This particular trip, I bought 2 for $3 total.  I filled one with gourds and gave it to a a mom that had invited Grace and I over for a play date. 


The brown basket, I filled and gave to Grace's teacher just before Halloween.


My favorite basket find from last year, my get cozy basket...


Today, we got our first snow...tis the season for getting cozy.

Thank goodness for frugal thrift store finds.

21 comments:

  1. snow for you?!... a little jealous;) i had not heard of the budha board ... does it work better than a doodle board or etch a sketch? AND i love the sweet little finds you bought for grace. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did well, once again! I have not heard of a Buddha board, either... Sounds fun. And I love the strawberry raincoat. Most enchanted childhood ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the shirt with the red heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got out first real snow last night. I'd never heard of a budha board before. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Budha Board is really liberating. It frees you up to trying and creating without worrying about making mistakes. A good tool for any perfectionist.

      Delete
  5. GREAT finds! I am a hoarder of baskets. Love the little heart shirt. Super cute. You always find such good things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mini Boden for under $3? Major score! And I love those 25 cent items--so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena. I think I might bring Grace's teacher lunch one of these days and throw those napkins for a cute touch.

      Delete
  7. The heart shirt is gorgeous and the dress but baskets for gifts man I wish I had thought of that Im going to start buying them and putting gift baskets together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! I was secretly hoping for a dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love buying clothes super cheap, even if they're too big. You're right, they'll fit in a year or two. :) Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buddha boards are so much fun! My little sister gave me one a few years ago and we still play with it! You find the best stuff. I went to Goodwill yesterday...came home empty handed. *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so jealous - snow!?!? I know i'd get tired of it but I want to be able to get tired of it. and you got some great deals! that's a great idea about filling a basket for the play date hosting mom. I buy big too, but he's getting to a size where its hard to find non wornout clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! That Buddah board is so cool... I need one of those. We got our first snow the other night and it's actually still around. Talk about winter coming out of nowhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made a great haul. I've yet to find a good Good Will around here, but I keep checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy you always have the best finds! Loved every one of the clothing items you got Grace! I never heard of the Buddha board but there's a mat for kids that has a similar concept. I did buy it a couple times as gifts, but I just can't recall who makes it. It's always a big hit! It is such a fun concept. I love your get cozy basket... too cute! I'm a bit excited that we had our first snowfall... time to start talking winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds! That raincoat is adorable! We only had a few snow flurries here, but it is cold! I have a feeling we might be in for a long, cold winter! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know! I was so glad the woman in front of me rejected that mini Boden. I wasn't going to pass that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that Buddha board! I remember scouting that out on a website once upon a yesterday! You always get the greatest finds, lady! I need to go thrifting with you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quality kids clothes for less, gotta love that! Both pieces are cute! I also love the rain coat. I don't shop Goodwill enough. Actually, don't remember the last time I shopped in-store. Online for me :).

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...